Sunday, October 4, 2009

He Loves Us!!!

Well..what to say? Today I feel like crud with a sore throat, and have stayed home all day resting!  But last night we went to the Trinity Bible College Alumni Banquet. Lowell Lundstrom was the speaker; he was witty, encouraging, and very interesting to listen to. He encouraged us not to settle for just making it to heaven, but to live each day to the fullest. He has suffered many strokes, heart-attacks, and has Parkinson's, but still is fully trusting and loving God. Do I have that kind of faith? If all the those things happened to me, would the faith I profess really show in my attitude toward God? I hope so. I know that God gives us each the grace to go through whatever comes our way, and yet He protects us from harm too.  In Lowell Lundstrom's years of evangelism, he has seen so many peoples' lives changed and healed by the power of Jesus. And yet for me in that single moment, I wasn't as amazed by his legacy but by his faith now during these present trials.  He also said often we wonder why God allows this world with all it's evil to exist still, and he said it's because he is giving us each a chance through all the good and bad in this life, to become pure gold. That our character and lives would be refined and our hearts would be one with his. I guess I was just overwhelmed with a sense of God's love for me, and for others. I was so thankful to able to attend this banquet (a night out without the kids!), and this picture we took when we got home.
Love to all my readers!!! Karalyn

1 comment: